write here about you and your blog

Problems With Pronouns (1): (- ing) Forms Modified by Possessive Pronouns.

([We] [can count on] [her] [helping] us)

- (S): We
- (V Ph): can count on
- (pronoun[possessive]): her
- (- ing form): helping
- Us

([He] [regretted] [their] [misunderstanding] him)

- (S): He
- (V): regretted
- (pronoun[possessive]): their
- (- ing form): misudestanding
- him

Remember that the following are possessive pronouns:

- my
- your
- her
- his
- its
- our
- your
- their

Avoid using subject or object pronouns between the verb and the (- ing) form.

Examples:

Incorrect: We don't understand why you object to (him coming) with us.
Correct: We don't understand why you object to (his coming) with us.

Incorrect: I would appreciate (you letting) me know as soon as possible.
Correct: I would appreciate (your letting) me know as soon as possible.

Incorrect: The doctor insisted on (she taking) a leave of absence.
Correct: The doctor insisted on (her taking) a leave of absence.

Incorrect: He is surprised by (you having) to pay for the accident.
Correct: He is surprised by (your having) to pay for the accident.

Incorrect: My father approves of (me studying) in the United States.
Correct: My father approves of (my studying) in the United States.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment