write here about you and your blog

Problems With Pronouns (3): Prepositions With Object Pronouns.

(I would be glad to take a message [for] [her])

- I would be glad to take a message
- (preposition): for
- (pronoun[object]): her

Remember that the following prepositions are commonly used with object pronouns:

- among
- between
- for
- from
- of
- to
- with

Avoid using a subject pronoun instead of an object pronoun after a preposition.


Examples:

Incorrect: The experiment proved (to) my lab partner and (I) that prejudices about the results of an investigation are often unfounded.
Correct: The experiment proved (to) my lab partner and (me) that prejudices about the results of an investigation are often unfounded.

Incorrect: Of those who graduated (with) betty and (he), Ellen is the only one who has found a good job.
Correct: Of those who graduated (with) betty and (him), Ellen is the only one who has found a good job.

Incorrect: (Among we) men, it was he who always acted as the interpreter.
Correct: (Among us) men, it was he who always acted as the interpreter.

Incorrect: The cake is from jan and the flowers are (from) Larry and (we).
correct: The cake is from jan and the flowers are (from) Larry and (us).

Incorrect: Just (between) you and (I), this isn't a very good price.
Correct: Just (between) you and (me), this isn't a very good price.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment